A confession: I really don’t like cleaning my house. Okay, it’s washing the floor; I hate that the most.
So, when Christmas was approaching, I decided to get my house ready for the holiday with a thorough cleaning, courtesy of the folks at the All Set App.
The All Set App is a new addition to the get-everything-done-on-your-phone approach to life. This app allows users to schedule home cleaning and lawn care services, chosing from a number of vendors in Greater Boston and the San Francisco Bay area. The app works like this:
- Download the All Set App to your smartphone from the Apple AppStore or Google Play.
- Set up a profile in the app, adding in your credit card information for payment and making sure to okay push notifications so you can stay on top of communications. Answer questions about your home and the preferred date of service. (For example, for cleaning services, All Set asks the number of bathrooms and bedrooms in your house.)
- Select the service you want (lawn care or home cleaning).
- Peruse the profiles of vendors (called Neighborhood Pros) providing the selected service, reading the ratings of other users and reviews of the services provided.
- Select the vendor you’d like to work with, and wait for a response, which typically comes within a day (if not sooner). The vendor notifies you, through the app, how much the service will cost. You can accept or decline the service. If you accept, you move on to confirming the date the service will be performed. If you decline, you can look for another vendor.
- Receive reminders via the app and email (if you’d like).
- After the service is performed, receive a confirmation that your credit card was charged for the service as well as an invitation to review the vendor.
I selected New England Cleaning Service, which received high marks from previous users. The owner, Giseli, stayed in touch via the app, answering questions and confirming when she would arrive. The day of the scheduled service, she was prompt, incredibly efficient, and friendly. I called her my holiday present to myself, and she happily took that on that role, delivering a house ready for the onslaught of family that was scheduled to arrive the next day. I asked Giseli how the app was working for her, and she reported that it was keeping her and her team very busy with clients, which she really appreciated during the holiday season.
The convenience of using an app to schedule house services is super high, and having all of the payments managed via the app—no cash is needed—makes it even more of a draw.
All Set App has a straightforward, attractive interface, and it is designed for reoccurring services, though, so those looking for a one-time service will need to keep that in mind when scheduling. Users can easily cancel or a change a service, if needed. Also, if you are looking to tip your provider, you cannot do so on the app and will need to plan accordingly.
Overall, I appreciated the ease of use of the All Set App and the opportunity to select from a number of different vendors. Now, if only I could find an app to actually clean the floor for me…
All Set App users who download the app now will receive a $60 credit. Learn more about the All Set app here.