Today, the temperature hit the 80s, and my son went to school in shorts. I finally accepted the reality that summer is approaching. It’s time to plan our Summer Bucket List 2014!
Last summer, our family’s Bucket List included trying a different ice cream shoppe every weekend. (You can learn more about it here.) We had a terrific and very delicious time, exploring little places and big chains from Maine to Cape Cod to New Jersey. Most of all, we all became excited by the process of finding each new place and being together. A Summer Bucket List tradition was born.
This year, in an effort to be healthier (oh, ice cream, I still love ya’), our Bucket List will feature a different weekly outdoor adventure for our family. Our goal is to get our kids outside, being active as much as possible. Slather on the sunscreen, slap on a hat, and let’s go.
Here are some of my preliminary ideas for our Bucket List adventures:
- Take a bicycle trip
- Explore the Boston Harbor Islands
- Go paddle boarding
- Go kayaking
- Try out the new roller coaster at Storyland
- Hike and eat a picnic lunch
- Spend a day at the beach
- Play miniature golf
- Host a water slide in our backyard
- Enjoy the outdoor sculptures at the Decordova
- Participate in nature classes at Drumlin Farm
- Go to Tanglewood
- Cheer on the Red Sox at Fenway Park
- Attend a Lowell Spinners game
- Go to an outdoor water park
We’ll be planning at least one adventure for each weekend in June, July, and August. Perhaps we’ll even have an extra one or two for fun.
How about you? What’s on your Summer Bucket List?