“Mommy, what are Martian dogs?” asked R on the way to school the other day.
“Hmmm, I guess they’re dogs that live on Mars,” I answered carefully.
“Are they real?” he replied.
“What do you think?” I asked (I know, cheating, but I hadn’t had any coffee yet).
“No, Mommy, they’re make believe,” he admonished me (how did I not know that?).
There’s a lot of “is that real or make believe” going on in my house. Lying has also started (though it could be that I’ve just started to catch on). Primarily, it’s been “No, I didn’t hit my sister/take her toy.” Is that what happens at 4? A new understanding of truth? Martian dogs I can deal with; I can pass on the lying preschoolers.
One thing that I cannot pass on is our Weekly Roundup! As you know, in my “free” time, I am trying to decorate the new house (if I only I could find my camera to show you what’s going on…it must be packed with my shoes somewhere….), so many of my links are house related….
- Lovin’ this penny tile!
- My pantry has magnetic cabinets; think I can try to make these?
- If only G would wear hair clips! Then, I would make one of these.
- Modern fairy tale posters…Snow White is my favorite. Which one do you like best?
- More tiles! Now, if I only I had a place for these…
- Adorable! Now, where to put this cute family tree idea…
- Got a question about preposition? (I know, grammar?!!?) Check out this handy tip sheet.
- Great suggestions for selecting the right white paint.
- I saw this West Elm rug and went straight to the store (truly) to get it only to find it’s online only. Now, I don’t know. Should I get it for the den?
- Interesting story about the intersection of science and dance.
Have a wonderful (and snow-free) weekend!
“F is for fake-believe.”
–They Might Be Giants