Recently, someone told me that buying and renovating a house is a challenge, but that it’s also fun. I had forgotten the fun part; I was too fixated on the hole in the bathroom floor. I’m taking the advice to heart, and embracing the fun. So, I’m trying my best to look forward to our move (three days to go!). After all, I may not know where my shoes are and I may be unpacking into 2012, but this is an adventure. I’m going to look at this as my very own treasure hunt….right?
I have, however, been able to find some treasures for our Weekly Roundup…
- Wake up awesome!
- I found this link in my email drafts folder. I must have wanted to buy this cookbook. Ming Tsai + one pot recipes = something, maybe, I could do!
- The call for lifelong learning (another link I found in my email drafts folder!).
- A great DIY: a tote for the market.
- And another one: a drawstring backpack.
- Check out these gorgeous Moroccan stencils.
- Do you, like me, struggle with meal planning? Here’s a helpful suggestion.
- The 2011 “genius” grants have been awarded: meet the recipients and learn about their amazing work.
- I’m on board with this idea: GPS devices for kids.
If love is the treasure, laughter is the key.
(Yup, Yakov Smirnoff.
Didn’t think you’d see him on Red Shutters, did you?)